Saturday, January 3, 2009

the stuff that marriage is made of

You know that scene in Old School where Will Ferrel's character (Frank) describes his Saturday:

Frank: I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time.

College Student: A big day? Doing what?

Frank: Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Several beer bongs later...

Frank: Do it again. Do it again. It tastes sooo good when it hits your lips.

Well this is totally Kurt and I today. We're laughing at how "ordinary" today has been. We woke up and made some breakfast, hung out with the girls for a bit. Then we did the most dreaded but necessary project ever....we cleaned out the toy closet. This was a MASSIVE undertaking that has left us pretty much spent. We took only one break and that was for lunch at HyVee. After eating we ran to ShopKo to get some totes to organize the primary colored, plastic, noisy mess.

Aside from the beer bongs - we basically had the same day as good ole' Frank!

Looking forward to tonight though - we have a sitter lined up and we're going out for our first date in AGES. Hurrah!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Your day sounds much like my life! :)

Oooooooooh date! FUN FUN! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

So, what did you do on this date of yours??

By the way, if your resolution is to update your blog, my resolution will be now to check it again. ;)

Love you!

Travis and Rachel said...

Ordinary life is good, don't you think? How was the date? We really need to make it a resolution to do that monthly this year. I'll have to add that to my list of resolutions:)