Friday, July 13, 2007

waterbug

We started swim lessons this past week. At first I wasn't sure if we were doing it for Mary's sake or mom's sake. I mean...what can a one year old really learn at swim lessons, right?

Turns out, they've been fairly good for her. Although Mary loves the tub, she's a fraidy-cat when it comes to pools. It took ten minutes for her to walk up to her knees on the first day (it's a zero depth pool). It took twenty minutes for her to force out a smile.

The next day was better (5 minutes). And the next even better (3.5 minutes).

Hey maybe by the end of next week I'll have a future olympic swimmer on my hands?

2 comments:

NationalParkMama said...

Hope her fussiness ends soon. It must be hard not being able to communicate what you want :(. As for swimming I hope she starts to love it!! I HATED swim lessons as a kid and I still hate swimming under water. Was never a huge water bug. Some kids will learn to love it and thrive in it, other's won't. Hopefully she'll soon love it!! :)

Ms. Mayhem said...

You're right...she will literally be a waterbug before you know it. That is when the real trouble starts---no fear, it's alot of fun:)