Tuesday, July 3, 2007

As if there was ever any doubt...

Last night...in a nutshell...describes exactly why we felt the call to move up here.

I stopped by my parents store in the afternoon to grab some sweetcorn and other fresh goodies. As soon as I walked in, mom scooped Mary up and began showing her off to anyone who was willing to listen. After finishing up there I came back home where 'grandpa' was working outside. He stopped to play with Mary for a bit when up the driveway comes Uncle Tim and the twins. Of course the boys promptly mauled Mary over (not that she was complaining) and they all proceeded to giggle and run in the grass for a bit.

After they left, Kurt came home from work. We ate our sweet corn outside, sitting on the picnic table while the dogs ran around the yard. After finishing the tasty supper, we (Kurt, Mary and I) went for a family four-wheeler ride down to the pond and through a new trail that my dad had cleared. We enjoyed watching two young deer chase each other round and round. On the way back up I noticed some black-cap bushes and while Kurt gave Mary a bath I ran back out to pick a bowl-full.

After putting Mary to bed, Kurt and I sat on the couch and munched on berries (that I picked) and peaches (from my folks store) and just talked about how good life here is.

I just feel so blessed. So very, very blessed.

4 comments:

Ally said...

Sounds absolutely perfect! I'm so happy for you guys! Hope to see you soon!

NationalParkMama said...

sounds picture perfect to me. Glad all is going well.

Jess said...

:)

Sounds like life here, too....sounds like "home" to me. :D

Ms. Mayhem said...

It almost sounds like a dream. I am so glad you are enjoying the simple pleasures. Perfection!