Friday, July 27, 2007

Baby 2

"Baby 2"

This is the term Kurt and I have, affectionately, given to our next little baby.

And that little baby, is in the works. Sort of.

Now don't get excited, we haven't been matched or gotten a call or anything. We've just....begun the process. We actually began a few months ago, but for some reason I didn't feel the urge to blog about it yet. It still feels weird to blog about it. Surreal, actually.

Officially, we've completed our formal application and will proceed with the homestudy in the next few weeks. My guess is that we'll be actually "waiting" at the end of summer/beginning of fall. And then...it's in God's hands.

I predict it could take longer this time, to get matched. We're going with Bethany Christian Services again, of Minnesota this time. The MN branch doesn't seem to have the same activity that the Iowa branch did. Plus birthmothers typically prefer to place with a childless couple. These factors, combined, make me think it could be awhile before we're a family of four. And I'm okay with that, I'm okay with whatever. I'm just along for the ride.

My heart is ready for another baby. Mary is so not an infant anymore! It will be good for her to have a little brother or sister as she's very spoiled with my attention all on her. Kurt is itching to hold a newborn again. We both have dreams of a big family and, in order to have that, we need to get the ball rolling again.

We're going into this so differently than last time. Less naiive, more sensitive to birthparents, more demanding of ethical and fair practices, more cautious....

....but at the same time, this tiny place inside of me is jumping up and down with excitement. Ready to grow my family, ready to hold my new little one, ready give my heart to a child all over again.

8 comments:

NationalParkMama said...

You know how excited I am for you guys but I wanted to say it again. CONGRATS on making the first steps. Can't wait to hear the good news in the future. Love lots!

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned that Michelle is a GREAT name if you have another girl. Just saying. :oP

Cherie said...

Congrats on this Tammy! How excited you must be!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting...Steve and I will be thinking of you:)

Amy said...

what very exciting news for you. I hope all the best with baby #2!!!

ABG said...

tammy--hey this is ali writing. i'm just curious about what you mean about demanding ethical treatment of birthparents, etc. that concerns me--particularly as david and i contemplate #2 with bethany. you can email me. davidandali@gmail.com. thanks.

Jess said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! Congrats on starting!! Exciting stuff!

It might not take the time you think it will...we had alot (and my a lot I mean a suprising amount, more than half) of situations that we were turned down for BECAUSE we were childless at the time, so it could also be a big plus for you!!

I can't wait! Oh, Tammy, I'm so excited. :)

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! Here's to hoping that it doesn't take too long:) Keep us up-to-date on the progress! Love you, Rachel