Monday, April 30, 2007

The Ugly Face

Before I begin explaining the title of this post, let me first say that I AM a good mom, I DO think my daughter is the most beautiful thing ever created, and I WILL nurture a strong self-esteem within her.

Now...that being said. You can look at the photo below to gain a front-seat look at what Kurt and I have dubbed, "the ugly face."


Yes...that's Mary's ugly face. She started doing this about a week ago. Whenever she's excited or pleased she makes this odd...ODD face. She used to have this adorable smile (seriously - drop dead gorgeous). However lately she must have discovered some new facial muscles because she looooooves to scrunch up her nose, curl up her lips, and expose this monstrous upper gum of hers. It's absolutely HILARIOUS! We're so used to calling it "the ugly face" that we've actually forgotten that it's not socially acceptable to call your child...ugly. This has lead to some embarassing moments in public. :)

Anyway...just thought I'd share this pic of my beautiful...ugly...baby girl!

3 comments:

NationalParkMama said...

Even when she makes her "ugly" face she's still the most beautiful baby. Too funny!!

Unknown said...

Oh that's too cute/funny! My nephew's the same, he just "discovered" his face and LOVES to make goofy faces - but he looks at us strangely when we make them back at him. haha

Anonymous said...

I love Mary's ugly face! Ron and I were just talking about it the other day! She is so hilarious! :-)Ally