Thursday, April 12, 2007

Suburban Housewife? Yes, I am.

Yes, folks. I have officially earned the title. I am a housewife...and I have a minivan to prove it. Last week we traded in Kurt's truck and my old car for a Ford Freestar. It has remote sliding doors and dual control heat in front (two MUSTS in my book) and I simply adore it! Kurt has a work truck that he can use for personal use, so it would've been silly to keep the extra vehicles around. Even with logic on my side, poor Kurt was saaaaad to see his truck go. You can see him saying his final goodbyes below (thumbs down) and then me with my stylin new mommy-ride (thumbs up)! So now I've got the kid, I'm a stay at home, I drive a minivan....does this mean the super short hair cut is next!?!?!?! Lord, I hope not!



6 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Welcome to the club. Every now and then I refer to my mini-van as just the mini. I actually had someone ask me if I drove a mini-cooper! Not exactly, was my reply.

Platinum Rose said...

Hahaha, the thumbs down pic is so cute! 2 people I work with each just got minivans (1 has 2 kids, 1 is pregnant). I still don't have kids yet, but when that day comes, I will fight against getting one! But they are very useful from what I hear. I am just silly about it for some strange reason. Who knows, I could change once kids come along! But enjoy your new vehicle! Changing up your vehicle is always fun!

Jess said...

lol!!

NationalParkMama said...

Love the wheels and I hope your hunt for friends is a success!!! It's hard in a new place. Thinking of you.

Rachel said...

I found your blog through another nesties link! I loved keeping up with you over there!

I can so relate to needing new friends. Gary and I have lived here in this town for seven months and still have no friends! It is hard trying to new ones! Good luck!

NationalParkMama said...

Where are those silly mary pictures? ;)