Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Observations

First, I promise the full story is forthcoming...I'm still just waiting for a few uninterrupted moments so that I can write it all down. Of course, as the mother of two I could be waiting quite awhile. Anyway...for now you get some recent observations:

- Ella hiccups. A lot! Like, all the time. Sometimes she hiccups so much that she gets ticked off and starts whining. It's kinda cute.

- Mary is now huge. Seriously. Since we got Ella, Mary has grown four feet and gained 40 lbs (or so it seemed). Kurt now calls her "horse." It cracks me up.

- Ella has seemed to loose that newborn look already! I can't believe my eyes, she's already filling out.

- Mary can now count to ten. But sometimes she just likes to say "one - two - three - CORNER!" (Perhaps we're disciplining too much??) :)

- Ella eats like a mad woman. When Mary was 1.5 weeks old we did the happy dance if she ate 1.5 ounces. On the other hand, we cut Ella off at 3 (Lord only knows how much she would eat if we let her!).

- Mary is still not thrilled with the new chick in town. She refuses to say her name (unless we bribe her) and she can be seen most often throwing fits, screaming, crying, or testing every limit I have. This morning she spit chewed up apples all over me. Evidently being a big sister was not on her agenda.

One final observation...

We're all ready to come home! Can't wait until everything clears and we can bring this little family home!

More later....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your entry was so funny! If you were an older sister, you would have totally acted the way Mary is!! Like mother, like daughter! Can't wait to see more pics of the family of 4! Love you! Lisa

Jessica Uftring said...

Hi Tammy,

I heard about the good news from Rachel and had to come and check out your new addition! Congratulations! She is adorable. My how your family is quickly growing! By the way I love the name Ella and have been talking about it to my husband for some time. You have good taste! Enjoy your two beautiful girls and keep us posted on Mary's funny stories. Congrats! Jessica Uftring

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, I KNOW. When Ethan came home Ava was only 7 months but DUDE did she seem like a KID all of a sudden!! Her butt seemed HUGE when I changed her!! We still call her Avezilla! :)

Sorry Mary isn't overjoyed right now at being a big sister!! She'll get there, though, I bet!

Travis and Rachel said...

We can't wait for you to come home either!! Miss you and can't wait to meet baby Ella!

Mary is so your daughter- she totally wants the spotlight! And apparently so is Ella with her appetite- ha ha!

Love you,
Rachel

Platinum Rose said...

Hahaha, such funny, quirky little girls you have! It sounds like you are taking it all in stride and with great humor. Congratulations again! I hope that Mary will soon warm up to her new baby sister and start giving her tons of hugs!