Thursday, November 8, 2007

today

Today is my birthday.

Today I am 28 years old.

Today...right now actually...I am sitting on the bathroom floor with my new laptop resting on my legs while my little girl splashes in the bath just a few feet away.

Today...unlike last year at this time...I am a stay-at-home mom, pseudo photographer, and professional grocery getter.

Today I am sipping coffee, wearing sweats, and sporting an uncombed hair-do at 9 in the morning.

Today I am half the age of my 56 year old father.

Today I am right where I am supposed to be.

Today I am thankful for all the gifts I've been given and the life I've been able to lead.

Today is my birthday.

6 comments:

NationalParkMama said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it's super special.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a good one!

Anonymous said...

Happy 28 Momma!! Love you and thinking of you today. Love, The Callaways

Amy said...

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!!!

tm said...

Happy birthday!!!

Jess said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! :)