Tuesday, November 6, 2007

As Requested....HALLOWEEN!

So I'm a bit behind the matter, but you know I was going to do some obligatory Halloween pics eventually!

This year my little munchkin went trick or treating as a Bumble Bee! It's rather interesting how she came to aquire the costume this year. I was visiting my very put-together friend Rachel in August (yes, I said August) when she asked me what Mary was going to be for Halloween?

Huh? Are you serious?

She confirmed that she was, indeed, serious and that most costumes fly off the shelf early and I had better get thinking about it (her little pirate is just two weeks younger than Mary so she keeps me on my toes). So that very night we got on line and began looking at costumes, deciding on the bumble bee. I wasn't sold on forking over $25 dollars just yet, so I just filed the idea in the back of my noggin for future use.

The very next morning we got up bright and early to go garage sale shopping (because mamma love a deal!). Well wouldn't you know it...and the most ghetto garage sale we visited I discover a virtually brand new bumble bee costume for.....get this....FIFTY CENTS!!!! How could I resist?
So I scooped it up, bought it, and come October 31st I had the cutest little bee you ever did see!

She actually REALLY got into trick-or-treating (for a 17 month old). She was very polite with her "thank you's" but man did she take her time picking candy out! It was so much fun!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!! Thanks for the pics! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love you, Rachel

Anonymous said...

By the way...you were more on the ball with Mary's Christmas outfit:) HAHAHAHA!!! Those really do go fast, though! Love you, Rachel