Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ella's big day!

This post is long overdue!
On March 2 (her birthmom's birthday!) Ella Rose was baptized in Christ. We had a wonderful ceremony after 10 o'clock mass and many of our family and friends were able to make it. Ella is lucky to have her Uncle Steve and Aunt Sarah as her Godparents. After mass we had lunch, cake, etc. at my parents' house.

There was a point after the ceremony when we were taking pictures at the church. After several shots with godparents, grandparents, etc. we decided to grab a shot of just our little family. At that moment - out of nowhere - my heart just welled up with gratitude. I was overcome with emotion. Here we were...a family of four! Four?!?! Kurt holding little Mary on his hip and Ella nestled sweetly in my arms. I couldn't help but stop and think, "Lord what did I do to deserve so much joy?"

Anyway, welcome to the church my baby Ella!


















6 comments:

Jess said...

LOVE the pics.

Congrats to Ella. Baptism is such a happy time!

I think I felt the same thing you're describing when we baptized Ava. It was just...overwhelming. More so than anything else had been up to that point. There I was, pregnant AND baptizing our baby girl. It was amazing.

Anonymous said...

Not to belittle the baptism but...

WhooHee look at that HOT MAMA! You look awesome chica.

And I sooooo just made some earrings that would have matched that outfit perfectly.

Platinum Rose said...

Congratulations!!!

Travis and Rachel said...

I'm totally going to have to borrow that white outfit from Gap someday:) She looks adorable in it. Did she wear the green dress, too??? Congratulations, Hoegers!

NationalParkMama said...

adorable!! Beautiful family, you look great too!! My Ella is getting baptized this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics you have posted, Tammy! Thanks for sharing them. You have such a beautiful family! love, Lisa