Monday, September 17, 2007

She'll eat when she's hungy

Feeding Mary is a constant struggle. She never, NEVER wants to eat. I know she's maintaining a healthy weight and that her growth is consistant, but I still feel like a horrible mother when she picks at her food like a bird.

The funny thing is...she'll go for days eating hardly anything and then all of a sudden have a GREAT eating day. I love those days. She'll eat anything I put in front of her, the highchair isn't a struggle, and I don't have to FIGHT with her over food. One more time....I LOVE those days! I took pictures on one of those "good eater" days recently:

Here she is eating a piece of licorice that she got out of the cupboard all by herself (boy was I surprised to walk around the corner and see her with it in her mouth)!
And then later-on she took a stab at some spaghetti with a big-girl fork!
And to top off the day daddy let her munch on a few oreos just so mama would cringe at the thought of the mess everywhere!
What a silly girl!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Seriously...she is TOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Her hair is getting so light! Can't wait to see the little peanut! Love you! Rachel

Anonymous said...

Just remember these are the eating habits she is establishing for life. Being a picky eater is a good thing later on! (I wish I was!) As long as she is thriving it's all ok!

Anonymous said...

oh and I forget in all my wisdom sharing (yeah right)....SHE IS TOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

NationalParkMama said...

Happy you had a nice vacation and the newest pictures of Mary are precious. She's growing up so fast!

Jess said...

Hey!! How's the new adoption going? Any bites? Thinking of you all and hoping you get a call soon!